1.5.0 - Dec 15 2019
- Support BlockVolumeMode for OpenEBS Local PV backed by devices
- Support ZFS as a filesystem type for OpenEBS ZFS Local PV.
- Support for Block Device Replacement via the cStor YAML file (using new schema)
- Support resizing and remounting of Volumes when using cStor CSI Driver
- Support for generating of ARM builds for cStor Data Engine.
- Introduce block device hierarchy to NDM. 4 fields
Slavesare used in defining the hierarchy tree of a device. Also, all the dependent devices of the discovered block device will be logged during the initial udev scan to get the disk level hierarchy of each node in the cluster.
- Add support for applications to provision a "zfs" filesystem directly in the ZFS POOL storage which will get the optimal performance.
- Enhanced the cStor pools to handle auto scale down scenarios to avoid shutting down the node where cStor pool is running. This is achieved by adding cluster-autoscaler.kubernetes.io/safe-to-evict": "false" to the annotation of each cStor pool pod.
- Fixes an issue with liveness probe on
cstor-poolcontainer by adding a timeout setting for command execution. Setting the timeout value as 120 sec will kill the process if command exceeds more than 120 seconds.
- Fixes an issue in cStor CSI volume unit size conversion while transitioning from PVC to CVC storage capacity the way kubernetes handles, by converting to Gi.
- Fixes a bug where OpenEBS Local PV with hostpaths in OpenShift 4.1 environments was failing.
- Fixes a vulnerability issue with default helper pod image by using the latest tag for helper pods so new version of OpenEBS will automatically get updated with new images. |
1.4.0 - Nov 15 2019
- Support for scale down of cStor volume replicas
- Support an alpha feature in NDM to add Prometheus exporter for exposing disk-level metrics. This Cluster level exporter gives details of blockdevice such as state, claim state etc.
- Support of setup arm builds for apiserver and local provisioner. The images will be built on top of arm64v8/ubuntu:18.04.
- Supporting automated creation of TLS certificate signed by Kubernetes cluster root Certificate Authority for external admission-webhook-server. This will establish a trust to secure the communication between admission-webhook-server and kube-apiserver.
- Support the snapshot and clone feature in cStor volume provisioned via CSI provisioner. This feature will be available in alpha.
- Support of encryption feature in Local PV created on a ZFS based storage pool.
- Support of adding topology information for Local PV on ZFS based storage pool. The details of appropriate ZFS storage pool can be mentioned in corresponding StorageClass via topology so that the scheduler will take care of scheduling the application on the appropriate node.
- Support for scheduling Local PV on appropriate ZFS storage pool on a node which has less number of Local PV volume provisioned in the given pool.
- Support of XFS file system for Local PV creation on ZFS based storage pools.
- Enhanced cStor volume description by fixing output of
knownreplicasinformation which will help to maintain trusty/known replica information of the particular cStor volume in the cStor volume specification.
- Enhanced cStor volume replica status with additional 2 phases based on different scenarios. The additional phases are
maya-exporterby adding pool last sync time metric as
openebs_zpool_last_sync_time. This also modifies value of
openebs.io:livenesstimestampin cStor pool YAML to set date in epoch timestamp.
- Enhanced admission webhook server by adding missing labels in config,secret and service and will fatal out when a missing ENV's error and configs happen.
- Fixes a bug in Jiva where Jiva replica pods are stuck in
crashloopbackoffstate after a restart.
- Fixes a bug in cStor target while rebuilding process in a single replica quorum case.
- Fixes a bug in NDM for device detection in KVM-based virtual machines.. A new disk model
QEMU_HARDDISKis added to the list of disk models.
- Fixes a bug in NDM, where the os-disk filter was not able to exclude the blockdevices if the OS was installed on an NVMe device.
1.3.0 - Oct 15 2019
- Add support to scale up replicas, replica movement across pools and replica replacement scenarios. This feature is in alpha state. This feature will work for cStor volumes which are created with existing SPC configuration.
- Availability of NDM on different platforms like amd64 and arm64. NDM can now also be compiled in ARM architecture using manual steps.
- Added support for provisioning CSI based volume using lease leader election API.
- Support of running OpenEBS in Kubernetes 1.16 version. The k8s v1.16 release will stop serving the deprecated API versions in favour of newer and more stable API versions.
- Support the addition of resource limit to cStor pool pod using with CSPC configuration.
resourcefield on CSPC is used to pass resource limit and requests to
auxResourcefield on CSPC is used to pass
requeststo other 2 containers such as
- Enhanced backup capability of openebs-velero plugin by checking the status of
HealthycStor Volume Replica. In the previous version, a check was performed for healthy CVR during setup only. There might be some chances of cStor pod restart and CVR becomes degraded when we trigger the backup.
- Enhanced CVC(cStor Volume Claim) CR by adding provisioning failure events while provisioning cStor volume using CSI provisioner.
- Fixed a bug where cStor volume becoming read-only due to restart of cstor-volume-mgmt container alone in the target pod.
- Fixed wrong status on CVR from Duplicate to Online. Duplicate state on CVR was blocking reconcile on the volume creation in ephemeral case.
- Fixed a bug in cStor storage pool YAML. The livenessProbe command
zfs set io.openebs:livenesstimestampsets the value of io.openebs:livenesstimestamp to the current timestamp. In previous versions, this value was not set properly because of some shell quoting issues in the command.
- Fixed a bug where Jiva volume running on CentOS 7 / RHEL in OpenShift cluster is going to read-only when the controller pod is restarted either due to node restart or upgrades or any other reason. This is due to iSCSI default timeout is replaced with 5 sec if multipath support is enabled on the node.
1.2.0 - Sep 10 2019
- CSI Driver for cStor Volumes (currently in Alpha) has added support for resizing and volume expansion feature.
- The new version of cStor Schema has been introduced to address the user feedback in terms of ease of use for cStor provisioning as well as to make a way in the schema to perform Day 2 Operations using GitOps.
- Enhanced error logging of cStor storage pool with a new format for automatic alert generation.
- Enhanced Jiva internal snapshot deletion when a number of internal snapshots are more than 10. The deletion happens automatically one by one.
- Enhanced velero-plugin to support backup/restore for OpenEBS installed in a different namespace other than
- Enhanced NDM to include NodeAttributes in BD and BDC. This will support storing of node name along with the hostname on the BD and BDC CRs.
- Fixes BlockDevice CRD by adding node name to the printer column. This feature will get the name of the node to which the BD is attached while performing
kubectl get bd -n <openebs_installed_namespace>.
- Fixes a bug in Jiva when patching and clean up operation of Jiva deployments are failing on Nodes where
hostnameis not the same as
nodename. The fix will set nodeSelector in deployment and clean-up job after converting the nodename into hostname.
- Support of provisioning Local PV in clusters where
- Support customization of default hostpath for Jiva and Local PV. With the current implementation, customization will not persisted when a restart happened on the Node where maya-apiserver pod is running or when maya-apiserver pod is restarted.
- Fixes a bug in NDM where all devices on a node were getting excluded when os-disk-exclude-filter is failed to find the device where OS is installed.
- Fixes a bug in snapshot controller where snapshot operation is not throwing any error for invalid
cas-type. This fix will add
cas-typevalidation before triggering the snapshot operations. The valid
cas-typeare cStor and Jiva.
- Fixes the bug where more than required BlockDevicesClaims are created for requested SPC in auto pool method.
- Fixes an issue in maya-api installer to skip re-apply of default SPC and SC resources if they were installed previously by older version(s) of maya or prior to maya-api-server restart(s)
- Fixes a bug in cStor pool when cStor Storage Pool management creates pool if pool import failed when a disk is not accessible momentarily just at the time of import. cStor storage pool will be in the pending state when this scenario occurs. This PR will fix cStor pool creation by looking on
PoolCreationFailedto create the pool. If
Status.Phaseis any other string, cStor Storage Pool management will try to import the pool. This can cause impact to the current workflow of Ephemeral disks, which works as of now, as NDM can't detect it as different disk and recognizes as the previous disk.
- Fixes a bug during a cleanup operation performed on BlockDevice and clean up job is not getting canceled when the state of BlockDevice is changed from
Activeto other states.
- Fixes a bug in NDM where cleanup jobs remain in pending state in Openshift cluster. The fix will add service account to cleanup jobs, so that clean-up job pods acquire privileged access to perform the action.
1.1.0 - Aug 03 2019
- Support for an alpha version of CSI driver with limited functionality for provisioning and de-provisioning of cStor volumes.
- Support for the upgrade of OpenEBS storage pools and volumes through Kubernetes Job. As a user, you no longer have to download scripts to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1, like in earlier releases.
- Enhanced Prometheus metrics exported by Jiva for identifying whether an iSCSI Initiator is connected to Jiva target.
- Enhanced NDM operator capabilities for handling NDM CRDs installation and upgrade. Earlier this process was handled through maya-apiserver.
- Enhanced velero-plugin to take backup based on the
openebs.io/cas-type:cstorand it will skip backup for unsupported volumes(or storage providers).
- Enhanced velero-plugin to allow users to specify a
backupPathPrefixfor storing the volume snapshots in a custom location. This allows users to save/backup configuration and volume snapshot data under the same location.
- Added an ENV flag which can be used to disable default config creation. The default storage configuration can be modified after installation, but it is going to be overwritten by the OpenEBS API Server.The recommended approach for customizing is to create their own storage configuration using the default options as examples/guidance.
- Fixes an issue where rebuilding cStor volume replica failed if the cStor volume capacity was changed after the initial provisioning of the cStor volume.
- Fixes an issue with cStor snapshot taken during transition of replica's rebuild status.
- Fixes an issue where application file system was breaking due to the deletion of Jiva auto-generated snapshots.
- Fixes an issue where NDM pod was getting restarted while probing for details from the devices that had write cache supported.
- Fixes an issue in NDM where Seachest probe was holding open file descriptors to LVM devices and LVM devices were unable to detach from the Node due to NDM hold on device.
- Fixes a bug where backup was failing where
openebs operatorwas installed through helm.
maya-apiservername and it was different when you have installed via helm based method. Updated velero-plugin to check label of maya-apiserver service name.
1.0.0 - Jun 22 2019
- Introduced a cluster level component called NDM operator to manages the access to block devices, selecting & binding BD to BDC, cleaning up the data from the released BD.
- Support for using Block Devices for OpenEBS Local PV.
- Enhanced cStor Data Engine to allow interoperability of cStor Replicas across different versions.
- Enhanced the cStor Data Engine containers to contain troubleshooting utilities.
- Enhanced the metrics exported by cStor Pools to include details of the provisioning errors.
- Fixes an issue where cStor replica snapshots created for the rebuild were not deleted, causing space reclamation to fail.
- Fixes an issue where cStor volume used space was showing a very low value than actually used.
- Fixes an issue where Jiva replicas failed to register with its target if there was an error during initial registration.
- Fixes an issue where NDM would create a partitioned OS device as a block device.
- Fixes an issue where Jiva replica data was not clean up if the PVC and its namespace were deleted prior to scrub job completion.
- Fixes an issue where Velero Backup/Restore was not working with hostpath Local PVs.
- Upgraded the base ubuntu images for the containers to fix the security vulnerabilities reported in Ubuntu Xenial.
- Custom resource (Disk) used in earlier releases has been changed to Block Device.